Special education including schools

Activities and short breaks for disabled children
Cheshire West and Chester Council works with a number of organisations who provide a range of short break services for disabled children and their families.

A whole range of free activities are available including residential and overnight stays, personal assistants, outreach workers, creative breaks, arts and crafts, sports, dance and much more.

Referral to children and adult social care

For information about Children’s social careĀ Click Here
For information about Adult social care Click Here

Referral for assessment and diagnosis

If the child is under statutory school age and lives in the CHESHIRE AND WIRRAL PARTNERSHIP NHS FOUNDATION TRUST they can be referred into the Child Development Service by anyone including parents.

If they live in NHS SOUTH CHESHIRE CCG, NHS EASTERN CHESHIRE & NHS VALE ROYAL CCG then the referral has to come in via a GP.

If parents wish a referral to the school aged pathway under CWC PCT they need to speak to a professional who is represented at the meetings, ie:

Paediatrician, possible via GP
Speech and Language Therapist
Social Worker
Child & Educational Psychologist
CAMHS worker

All of these groups can refer a child onto the pathway and in doing so become the Lead Professional who gains parental consent and then updates parents on progress through.

Leave a Reply